Sunday, February 19, 2017

Escape Under Cover by Andree´MiChelle

Grenning Gallery recently hosted a reading and book signing with Andree´ MiChelle, author of Escape Under Cover, The Ola Mae Story. MiChelle spoke of her desire to write a book for young people which inspires hope in all circumstances. Her book's protagonist, a twelve year old slave, is challenged to overcome dire seemingly insurmountable circumstances. MiChelle's telling of Ola Mae's story is compelling and inspiring. 
Ola Mae's story is interwoven with quilter lore regarding Quilt Codes and the Underground Railroad. I loved hearing MiChelle read the opening scene. 
When I reached the last page, I didn't want the book to end. I fell in love with Ola Mae and I wanted to know the rest of her story. Thank you Andree´for penning this tale. I look forward to reading more.
Andree´and me
photo from Grenning Gallery via

Escape Under Cover
The Ola Mae Story
by Andree´MiChelle

available at Grenning Gallery
17 Washington Street ( P.O. Box 3049 )
Sag Harbor, NY 11963
info@grenninggallery.com

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful read Gail..how nice to have met the author..

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!